Former Senior Category Director, Walmart
Darrin is an experienced merchant with over 25 years in the Retail industry. His merchandising career includes direct buying roles in the food business, as well as leading successful buying and support teams across the Food, Hardlines and Consumables industries.
Throughout this journey, Darrin has interacted with literally hundreds of suppliers. He has negotiated across the table from some of the largest CPG and Food manufacturers in the business. He has also, however, partnered with many more small companies, helping them find their niche and grow their business.
Darrin has had a direct hand in the implementation of some of Walmart’s largest “change enablers” such as their Assortment Discipline process, their Global Food Sourcing structure, and many others. His P&L responsibility in a variety of departments/categories from tomatoes to motor oil gives him a unique ability to quickly add value in new businesses/industries.
Darrin can provide guidance for any company:
- How do you make your company stand out amongst your competition to the buyer?
- Consultation on channel strategies and product positioning to maximize value.
- How to leverage market share.
- Line Review/JBP preparation. How to maximize the buyer’s recognition of your company’s value in a rushed and limited amount of time.
- How to approach ad hoc business challenges such as pricing pressures, relationship challenges, OTIF/In-stock opportunities, etc.
All opinions expressed by this and other Experts on this website are solely their opinions and do not reflect the opinions of Supplier Community nor its affiliates. You should not treat any opinion expressed by this and other Experts on the site as a specific inducement to follow a particular direction, but only as an expression of their opinion.
The Experts' opinions are based upon information they consider reliable, but neither Supplier Community nor its affiliates warrant their completeness or accuracy, and it should not be relied upon as such.
The Experts, Supplier Community, and its affiliates are not under any obligation to update or correct any information provided during an appointment.